Support the Junior Drs: #NHS Staff Council Joint Trade Union Protocol on Industrial Action in the #NHS
Aside Posted on
NHS Staff Council Joint Trade Union Protocol on Industrial Action in the NHS
The BMA has announced dates for industrial action by junior doctors as follows;
- Emergency care only – 24 hours from 8 am Tuesday 12 January to 8 am Wednesday 13 January 2016
- Emergency care only – 48 hours from 8 am Tuesday 26 January to 8 am Thursday 28 January 2016
- Full withdrawal of labour – from 8 am to 5 pm Wednesday 10 February 2016
The trade unions in the NHS who are not involved in this industrial action encourage their members not to take any action to undermine the lawful industrial action of the BMA junior doctors.
They confirm that NHS staff who work under a regulatory code should ensure that they fulfil those requirements at all times
NHS unions not involved in the BMA’s action:
- Respect the right of other unions to take lawful industrial action and will not criticise or condemn the trade unions involved in industrial action
- Encourage their members to show support for the industrial action, which could include joining protests outside of their working hours, using social media or local press to express their support etc
- Give strong advice to their members that they should continue with their normal duties but should not take on any non-contractual additional responsibilities being given to them directly as a result of the industrial action. They should not be expected to be moved from their normal duties or provide cover for staff taking industrial action or take on overtime or additional shifts to make up for the industrial action of other staff.
NHS trade unions signed up to this protocol as follows:
UNISON CSP RCN BDA FCS RCM SCP BoS
UNITE BAOT MiP GMB POA SoR