From Derby Telegraph By ktyler_dt : December 20, 2013
FIREFIGHTERS have collected more than 40,000 signatures opposing plans to close 19 fire stations across the county.
Members of the Fire Brigades Union (FBU) have been encouraging people to sign a petition against the plans.
And today, the document was handed over to the chair of the fire authority, Roland Hosker.
Chris Tapp, secretary for the Derbyshire branch of the FBU, said: “I want to thank everybody who has put pen to paper and signed the petition.”
- Derbyshire Firefighters left their picket line after hearing that a two-car crash was life-threatening (derbypa.wordpress.com)
- Cuts should not mean axing Derbyshire fire stations, says Labour cabinet Derby Telegraph (derbypa.wordpress.com)
- Deadlock over pensions forces British firefighters out on strike again (nsnbc.me)
- Fire crews plan more strikes over Christmas (independent.co.uk)
- Firefighters on strike at Southwark fire station (thecathedralsproject.wordpress.com)
- East Sussex Fire Brigades Union chairman Simon Herbert answers your questions on the recent strikes and more (theargus.co.uk)
- Fire fighters to strike over Christmas and New Year (dailyecho.co.uk)
- Fire-Fighters Strike Again in Defence of their Pensions (peoplesassemblytyneandwear.wordpress.com)
- Firefighters to stage three strikes (standard.co.uk)